Photo: Kevin SungReading Time: < 1 minute
An Air Transat Airbus A321-200, performing flight Quebec City (Canada) to Fort Lauderdale (USA) with about 185 people on board, reported passengers become ill during de-icing.
- Aircraft was preparing for departure. The aircraft was being de-iced when a large number of passenger began to complain about feeling ill.
- The de-icing was stopped and the passengers disembarked back into the terminal.
- Local hospitals called code orange (large influx of patients), at least 11 passengers were taken to hospitals.
- The airport reported the passengers suffered from itchy eyes, dizziness and a number vomitted.
- Emergency services took measurements of the cabin air immediately after being called on scene and found no issue with the cabin air quality.
- The airline has initiated an investigation into the occurrence, a ventilation problem during the de-icing is being suspected.