An Aeroflot Boeing 737-800, performing flight from Moscow Sheremetyevo (Russia) to Athens (Greece), hit man on the runway.
- Aircraft was in the initial climb out of Sheremetyevo’s runway when the crew reported they believed that had encountered a collision with an animal on the runway.
- There was no abnormal indication, the crew continued the flight to Athens. A runway inspection found human remains as well as a wallet, documents and other personal belongings on the runway.
- Moscow’s Interregional Transport Prosecution Office opened an investigation into the accident.
- A 25 year old Armenian citizen was being deported from Spain to Armenia via an intermediate stop in Moscow Sheremetyevo. During the flight from Spain to Moscow he had rioted on board of the aircraft and was received by Moscow police who escorted the man to the departure gate to Armenia.
- Instead of entering the bus to the aircraft the man however stepped onto the apron and ran away.
- A criminal case has been opened during which the prosecution office also reviews whether the airport fulfills all the laws on aviation safety.
- A post flight inspection of the aircraft revealed damage to the fuselage.