Photo: avherald.comReading Time: 1 minute
A Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) ATR-72-212A, performing flight from Karachi to Panjgur (Pakistan) with 54 people on board, experienced runway excursion on landing.
- Aircraft landed on Panjgur’s runway 31 but overran the end of the runway, burst both left hand tyres on soft ground and came to a stop with all gear on soft ground.
- There were no injures, the damage to the aircraft is being assessed.
- The airport reported the aircraft blew a tyre on landing and veered off the runway.
- According to information The Aviation Herald received the aircraft had been dispatched under Minimum Equipment List requirements with one of the brakes inoperative.
- Preliminary information suggests the aircraft was dispatched with the right hand brakes inoperative, the left hand brakes failed during landing causing the aircraft to overrun the end of the runway, while running over soft ground both left hand tyres blew.