Photo: Etihad Aviation TrainingReading Time: 1 minute
Etihad Aviation Training, part of Etihad Aviation Group, has accomplished the significant milestone of becoming the first full European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Approved Training Organisation (ATO) for the transport category in the United Arab Emirates.
- This significant achievement reinforces the organisation’s position as a world-class aviation training centre, located in the Middle East.
- The certification is a clear indication of the quality and standard that has been developed at the training organisation as well as the cooperation between the UAE Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) and Etihad Aviation Group over the last few years.
- Etihad Aviation Training’s EASA ATO approval covers the Airbus A320, A330 and A340, with ambitions to extend this certification to include the Boeing fleet as well as the Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) and Multi-crew Pilot Licence (MPL) courses in 2019.
- Based at two locations in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, Etihad Aviation Training is a commercially-focused business open to external customers, while retaining the operational and safety values that have underpinned Etihad’s training services to date.
- This full EASA ATO certification will enable the organisation to take advantage of the increasing global demand for aviation training.