Photo: Tony Hisgett
A Jetblue Airbus A320-200, performing flight from Orlando to Newark (USA), reported fumes on board, passenger and cabin crew sick.
- Aircraft was enroute at FL340 about 90nm northwest of Orlando when the crew advised they had a medical emergency on board and descended the aircraft to FL290 and set course towards Raleigh Durham (USA).
- About 15 minutes later, almost over Savannah (USA) the crew requested to return to Orlando and turned towards Orlando. On final approach tower advised several medical vehicles were awaiting the aircraft at the gate.
- The aircraft landed safely back on Orlando’s runway 18L about 80 minutes after departure. While taxiing to the gate the crew missed a turn to remain on the cleared taxi route, tower immediately cleared the alternate taxi route.
- Passengers reported they were told about a fellow passenger suffering a medical emergency as reason for their return to Orlando. After landing they were all instructed to disembark.
- A listener on frequency reported the crew requested to return to Orlando, a few minutes later the crew advised they had a fume event on board, three cabin crew were complaining about headaches, a 7 year old kid was vomitting.