Photo: Rudy ChiarelloReading Time: < 1 minute
A Jetblue Airbus A320-200, performing flight from Orlando to New York La Guardia (USA) with 88 people on board, reported fumes on board.
- Aircraft was climbing through about FL360 when the crew stopped the climb (maximum about FL368) reporting fumes in the cockpit.
- The aircraft returned to Orlando for a safe landing on runway 36R about 53 minutes after departure.
- Three cabin crew and three passengers were examined by medical staff awaiting the aircraft, nobody needed to be taken to a hospital.
- A replacement A320-200 registration N559JB reached New York with a delay of 4:20 hours.
- Passengers reported they had been exposed to “dangerous fumes”.