Photo: knaviation.netReading Time: < 1 minute
A KLM Boeing 747-400, performing flight from Amsterdam (Netherlands) to Mexico City (Mexico), suspected bird strike.
- Aircraft was climbing out of Amsterdam’s runway 24 when the aircraft flew through a flock of birds.
- The crew initially continued the flight and climbed the aircraft to FL300.
- Overhead London (UK) the crew decided to return to Amsterdam suspecting a number of birds had hit the aircraft.
- The aircraft dumped fuel and landed safely back on Amsterdam’s runway 18R about 110 minutes after departure.
- The airline reported the aircraft received damage but did not confirm a bird strike.