Photo: Lufthansa GroupReading Time: 1 minute
Approximately 5,500 new employees will be cleared for take-off with a career in Lufthansa Group this year – in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Belgium alone, the home markets of the aviation group.
- The company is looking to hire over 1,300 flight attendants – primarily at the Munich hub and at SWISS in Zürich.
- Up to 500 future pilots are to begin their training as flight students with Lufthansa Aviation Training at the European Flight Academy in 2019.
- In order to stabilize flight operations after a turbulent summer, Lufthansa Group is investing approximately a quarter of a billion euros. For instance, around 600 employees are being hired to ensure quality in operations.
- Lufthansa Technik Group is set to grow significantly this year: “Die Technik” is looking for over 1,200 new colleagues in Germany, including several hundred operational employees, 400 direct entries and more than 200 apprentices.
- Lufthansa Group is also looking to hire well over 600 IT specialists in Germany.
- Over 300 new positions for junior employees are planned in Germany for this year and almost 80 will start their vocational training at SWISS and Austrian Airlines in Switzerland and Austria. On top of this, around 60 trainees will be off to a flying start in Lufthansa Group this year.