Lufthansa Technik and Mercedes-Benz Style are presenting the final version of their advanced VIP aircraft cabin design for the first time to a broader audience in Asia at the ABACE 2017 in Shanghai.
Led by Lufthansa Technik’s VIP & Special Mission Aircraft Services engineering team, the initial design concept has been further developed to fully match the requirements of airworthiness and certification.
Visitors of the ABACE 2017 will have the opportunity to see the complete cabin in a virtual 3D-presentation at Lufthansa Technik’s stand (Booth H316). A scaled physical 3D-model and material samples of the surfaces in the cabin are supplementing the presentation of this unique product in the VIP aircraft market.
The two companies are now officially offering the product worldwide as a unique and luxurious mobility solution for private jets with the size of an Airbus or Boeing aircraft.
“Our aim was to apply the design language of Sensual Purity and the high standards of modern luxury and aesthetics that characterize Mercedes-Benz to other spheres of life,” said Gorden Wagener, Chief Design Officer, Daimler AG.
“Lufthansa Technik is the ideal partner in the area of VIP aircraft. The aim of our collaboration is to unite innovate design and technical competence. We wish to offer exclusive customers around the world an interior design concept that leaves nothing to be desired.”
“It is a great pleasure to present the new Mercedes-Benz Style Cabin to our customers, who want to see state of the art designs for their private jets,” says Wieland Timm, Senior Director Sales VIP & Special Mission Aircraft at Lufthansa Technik.
“The two companies combine top design excellence with top technical expertise and therefore have been able to realize a unique aircraft cabin. The cooperation with Daimler AG allows us to present design concepts which will give our clients the peace of mind to invest into an iconic design without equal in the market.”
The cabin features a modern design combined with latest communication and aircraft interior technology throughout the aircraft:
- The unique helix structure, a dynamic spiral layout, is the central design theme extending throughout the aircraft from the entrance all the way to the bedroom. This creates new, independent spatial zones without the typical arrangement of lining and wall elements.
- The VIP aircraft, which could seat 150 passengers in airline configuration, is designed for 16 VIP passengers.
- The entrance area in the front features a welcoming, open entrée, a kitchen (galley) for live cooking and a séparée as well as a VIP bathroom (lavatory). In the aft part of the cabin a separate entertainment zone has been combined with the en-suite private area.
- The open design of the bath- and bed room is a distinct feature conceived around a free standing shower with transparent side walls.
- The luxurious king size bed is highlighted by the concave shaped and upholstered head wall.