Photo: Andrew Vaughan / thestar.comReading Time: < 1 minute
A Skylease Cargo Boeing 747-400, registration N908AR performing flight GG-4854 from Chicago O’Hare,IL (USA) to Halifax, NS (Canada) with 4 crew, went off the runway at the Halifax airport in eastern Canada.
- The aircraft was unable to stop before the end of the runway, overran the end of the runway, went down a slope and through the localizer antenna and came to a stop about 200 meters past the runway end.
- Four crew members were sent to hospital with minor injuries.
- The aircraft received substantial damage with all gear collapsed, engines #2 and #3 separated, engines #1 and #4 damaged and creases in the fuselage skin.
- Hours after the incident, the plane was still sitting on a slight incline far off the runway and within about 50 metres of a fence that marks the perimeter of the airport boundary.
- The Canadian TSB have dispatched investigators on site.
- The plane was supposed to pick up a shipment and then fly to China.