Photo: flightdeckfriend.comReading Time: < 1 minute
The UIA’s Boeing 737-300 aircraft operated its final flight under Ukraine International Airlines’ call sign.
- UIA’s fleet consists of 42 aircraft with the average age of 10.5 years.
- Three Classic Generation aircraft, including two Boeing 737-300 and one Boeing 737-500 were decommissioned.
- Now the company’s medium haul fleet includes only New Generation Boeing 737-800 and Boeing 737-900 with an average age of 8.7 years. UIA continues its fleet renewal program.
- In 1992 UIA became the first Boeing 737 family operator in Ukraine and offered its passengers a new level of comfort and service.
- UIA was the first Ukrainian airline to install winglets on its planes increasing their fuel efficiency and reducing carbon dioxide emissions into atmosphere.